We are always attracted by interesting details of the lives of the rich and famous. They live in expensive mansions, drive the latest cars, and appear on TV wearing the latest fashions. It’s difficult to see them as normal people; they seem untouchable with a life that you cannot even imagine. Well, have you ever wondered who the wealthiest people in the world are? Here is a short list:
- No surprise to anyone, Bill Gates is the richest man on Earth. The owner of Microsoft has in 40 years amassed not less than 76.2 billion dollars. A college drop-out, he is well known for his simple way of life. Rumors are that he hasn’t spoiled his children, but gave them work in his company for a regular salary.
- Carlos Slim Helu is a businessman born in Mexico whose net worth is thought to be 61.5 billion dollars. With 6 children and one of the biggest telecom companies in the world to administer, Carlos is an important figure in Mexico.
- At the age of 85, Warren Buffet has accomplished more than most people in one lifetime. He has a fortune of 60.7 billion dollars. How did he make this money? Well, Warren is famous for smart investing and he owns various companies all over the world. From food industry to industrial parts, everything he touched seemed to make money.
- Amancio Ortega is a Spanish citizen who is worth an estimated 71.5 billion dollars. One of the richest people in the world, Amancio Ortega started as a poor son of a railway worker. His luck started to change in 1975 when he, along with his wife, founded Zara. They first produced lingerie in their own living room, and over the next few years, expanded to countries all over the world. He is now the richest man in Spain.
- Larry Ellison. A college drop-out and software genius, Larry Ellison worked with the most powerful forces in the U.S. He built databases for the CIA, and everything escalated from there. In 1977, he founded Oracle, one of the most successful companies in the country and he invested money in various customer relations management solutions. His children are not as passionate about software and business as he is; instead, they are trying to become Hollywood legends by producing some of the most famous movies in the world.