It’s hard to go on when your bank balance diminishes a little every single day, so much that by the last week of the month, you are left with nothing. Now you got to wait for the next paycheque to make ends meet. Yes, this is hard. But there are ways to work around it though! The little things matter and it all adds up by the end of it.
- Don’t pay the full price for anything! Look for coupons, discounts and deals that can get you the same things but at a much lower cost.
- When you get a raise, save the increased amount instead of going in for another big purchase that makes you pay anther EMI.
- Sleep over purchases. Everyone has impulses and an impulse to buy things at the mall or picking up random things at the super market is a pain for most people. So instead of letting your impulse take flight, sleep on them. Mull it over in your head, and lo behold! You may not even want it the next day! Doing this, over time, can save you quite a bit of money!
- Speaking of picking up random things at the super market, the next time you go grocery shopping, make a list and stick to it! This will ensure that you’d buy only what you need – not what you want.
- Before you out for any kind of shopping, never do so on an empty stomach; chances are, you’d want to spend some bucks at the coffee shop or having expensive meals at the mall. Worse yet, being hungry while you shop, boosts your impulse rates and makes you purchase unnecessary things.
- Make a budget for the month. You could even track your spending to get an idea of where your money is going and make cuts where they need to be.