WRONG HEALTH TAX CREDIT STATEMENTS SENT TO 800,000

WRONG HEALTH TAX CREDIT STATEMENTS SENT TO 800,000

On Friday the Obama administration reported that over 800,000 Americans who signed up for health insurance under the affordable Act received wrong tax forms and as a result they should wait to be provided with new ones before they file their taxes for this year.

According to reports by the officials, around 95% of those individuals who received wrong tax forms are yet to file their taxes. For the remaining 5% who have already filed their taxes the Treasury Department said that it is still figuring out what to do with regards to their situation and they will come up with a solution on the matter very shortly.

Republican lawmakers wasted no time pouncing on the mistake.
"The White House tells us in a classic Friday news dump that nearly one million Americans could see their tax refunds delayed because of this president's inability to implement his own law," said Diane Black who is Tennessee Representative.

While still on the subject of wrong taxes, Josh Earnest, White House spokesman, said that the glitch should have no impact on people’s ability to file their taxes before the stated deadline which is April, 2015.
Josh also added that the glitch had affected "less than 1 percent of people who file taxes."

The Obama administration also noted that there will be an extension of a special enrollment period for tax fillers who had no idea that they would face penalties for missing the deadline of 15th February to obtain health insurance at HealthCare.gov.

 

What's New?The latest

Amber Heard donates $7 million settlement to charity

Amber Heard donates $7 million settlement to charity

Amber Heard’s divorce ordeal might have been painful for Johnny Depp and Amber but it was the complete opposite for two charity organizations that will receive the settlement money. The two organizations that she is sending the donations to are the American Civil Liberties Union, to aid in the…

CONTINUE READING

Are there pitfalls to online banking?

Are there pitfalls to online banking?

With easy access to the internet, anyone can have access to a multitude of things – we can get quick advice or more information of things, buy and sell things online, limitless choice of entertainment and even banking services, all at the tip of your fingers! It is all cyberspace, after all,…

CONTINUE READING

How to become a millionaire?

How to become a millionaire?

We all want to be rich some of us do not aspire to be a millionaire, but simply rich enough so they can live comfortably. And on the other hand you have those whose only goal in life is to become a millionaire, which is okay in case you don’t have any other dreams or aspirations. So if you…

CONTINUE READING